Oversized scarf: Nordstrom (only $29! Also comes in grey and white, I love this camel infinity scarf and this lightweight cashmere version, which is perfect for travel!) // Faux Leather Leggings: old, but very similar here, here, and did you know Spanx makes a version, with a shaping, control top!? (Wish I’d had THOSE during the holidays!) I also just got these suede leggings in brown, but they also come in black–both colors are on major sale and SO COMFY! (You’ll be seeing those in my next outfit post!) // Flats: c/o Tuckernuck (sold out on their site but available on Amazon and Macy’s and also available in black (Also love the Tory Burch Jolie Flats in camel!) // Camel sweater: (also styled here) from Nordstrom–it’s $39 and feels like butter! Also comes in several colors. // Purse: Vintage Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 (I got mine on eBay YEARS ago) but I would definitely recommend checking out the used/vintage selection from the Real Real // Bracelets: Kendra Scott cuff and Elton bracelets // Makeup: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in “Sweet Nectar” (drugstore buy!) but I found a similar color from MAC called “Obi Orange” which will have much longer-lasting results! Dior Mascara, BareMinerals Complexion Rescue, BareMinerals Mineral Makeup, Estee Lauder Sculpting Blush in “Peach Passion” and Estee Lauder “Brow Now” Eyebrow Pencil // Hair: Curled with a Beachwaver curling iron, finished with Oribe Dry Texture Spray (smells SOOO good, sometimes I put it on just for the smell!)
Are you having trouble getting back into “the swing of things”? Me too. At least it’s a Tuesday that feels like Monday, right?!
If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know that sometimes I feel scatterbrained and prefer to write in bullet points because my brain is too all over the place to write in complete sentences. (I’m sure that happens to you sometimes? I hope? ;-P)
So, a couple rambling updates of what’s been happening over here lately:
- We just made healthy white chicken chili soup for dinner last night! (You know, diet reset for 2017. I’m infamous for never following recipes, but I based ours loosely on this one, but adapted it to our dutch oven pot instead of a slow cooker. Did you know there’s an easy conversion you can do for that? Yep, found it right here!)
- Not waisting time on putting my resolutions into action, I’ve been reading a book my mom gave me, A Thousand Days in Tuscany. I studied abroad in Florence, and it really brings me back. Anyone else have a dream of living in Italy?
- I’m so excited to be working on a big project with a certain retailer that say…a lot of people register for when it comes to weddings 😉 I had NO idea what an awesome selection they had (and I’m pretty sure you guys don’t either, because, none of my engaged/married friends did, at least!) so I can’t wait to share more about it with you. I know it’s pretty commonplace for you to see bloggers pairing up with giant companies, but it truly makes me so happy when I get to help spread the word about something I know will genuinely help people so much. (Sorry. Blogger meets bride meets previous advertising exec geeking out moment.)
- Ummmm Neal pulled the rug out from under me and got me black Lowland Boots for Christmas. (Even though we agreed to get each other “something small.”) I haven’t shot them yet but AHHH. They’re perfect, and I’ve barely taken them off since. And yes, they’re just as fabulous as you’ve heard.
- Surprisseeeee: We’re going to MEXICO at the end of the week!! A last minute booking, we’ll be spending four days in Cancun with Secrets Playa Mujeres! Neal has never been to Mexico (and I’ve never been to Cancun) so we’re so excited to explore everything the resort has to offer (i.e. getting well acquainted with the swim up bar and tons of on-site restaurants!) I just bought a bunch of adorable warm weather goodies so stay tuned for a lot more on that 😉
And now, on to today’s outfit! If you couldn’t guess from the title, today’s color of the day issssss…CAMEL!
(It’s also the color of the day in my next outfit post because I unknowingly shot several camel looks back to back and didn’t realize it until I was looking at the photos. Whoops!)
But really, I can’t get enough of this color, and for good reason. It makes EVERYTHING look chic. I can be wearing a dirty, messy ponytail and minimal makeup and somehow pull on a camel sweater and make it look like it was on purpose. It’s a magical closet trick, really, you should try it.
This oversized scarf is insanely comfy–I like it both draped over my neck and wrapped as well–it comes in very handy when it’s negative temperatures. You’ll also recognize this sweater from this post, where I told you that I talked about it SO much that Kelly went out and bought it and we both now wear it several times per week. It’s seriously so soft, it feels like cashmere, but is less than $40!
Anddd the real camel hero of this outfit? (Ding ding dinggg)–the flats! I originally got them from Tuckernuck–one of my favorite websites–they stock so many classic staples that never go out of style! The flats are sold out from Tuckernuck now but you can still get them on Amazon and Macy’s. (I have my eye on these leopard flats, these leopard loafers, and these natural raffia loafers, too!) I love these flats because they look just as classic as the Chanel one’s for WAYYY less! (Love when that happens!)
Okay, I’ve got to start getting my act together and packing for Mexico! EEEEE!
Happy Tuesday that feels like Monday!
Photos by Jules Kennedy