Dress: Topshop at Nordstrom–I love this dusty pink midi version here, and this pink one with stripes and lace details, only $29! Andddd this pink floral version! And how pretty would this floral midi slipdress be for bridesmaids? // Leopard Clutch: Nordstrom (only $44! Ummm hello twin of the $245 version?!) If you’re looking for a more basic staple clutch, I love this foldover version that’s only $25! This woven convertible clutch is also perfect for summer! // Shoes: Steve Madden–only $79 and come in so many colors! I also love this similar beige lace-up version! // Satin hair bow: Similar here (also comes in pink!) // Initial necklace: Identical here in gold, rose gold, and silver! // Bracelet: c/o Monica Vinader
Happy Friday you guys!
How has your week been? For me, it’s been relatively uneventful!
Here are some wins from the week:
1. I found the best new healthy recipe for greek chicken meatballs with dill yogurt sauce. These were SO delicious. I ate them with zucchini (I don’t have a zoodler but sliced sautéed zucchini was just as good! I love it with fresh dill, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped up tomatoes!)
2. I got to see Shaheen and baby Zain! (Did you see Shaheen’s blog post with his baby pictures?! So cute!) Kelly and I went over to Shaheen’s earlier this week to hang out and it was so fun. Except she kept saying “sorry I’m so boring guys!” (Like, did she think we were expecting a tea party!? Silly girl! She’s already the best mom!!)
3. We settled on our wedding invitations! I will be posting more about those soon 😉 We got them from Minted and they are so perfect and so us. Minted has literally everything you could want for your wedding and I love that you can also customize menus, programs, and pretty much anything to match your invitations. So genius!
4. I discovered something called the seven minute workout? Have you heard of this? Apparently I’ve been living under a rock because this phenomenon has existed for quite awhile but it has been a total lifesaver this week when I’ve been super busy and unable to make it to yoga (or too lazy to do a full circuit workout in my living room!)
Essentially, it’s a series of high intensity intervals–where you’re on (and go as hard as you can) for 30 seconds, and then you rest for 10 seconds before moving onto the next. Each exercise targets a different area of your body. It’s not a FUN 7 minutes, but after that, you’re DONE! I downloaded an app called “Wahoo 7 minutes” which lets you choose from a few different 7 minute workouts and it even times each one of them! It’s so amazing!
5. I cleaned my whole house AND put away all the laundry. If you know me, this is a very big feat for this walking tornado. I am very accomplished. I am also reminded every day by watching my mom friends that I am so up a creek when we have children because I can’t even manage to keep my house clean when I am home alone by myself! Poor Neal.
6. I found my new favorite outfit!!!
Which brings us to today’s ensemble.
This slip dress? Really? Please be cuter. And it’s only $55!
It’s pretty much everything I love about clothing in one little package–it’s feminine, it’s dainty, flattering, insanely comfortable, and versatile. It’s Topshop from Nordstrom–one of my favorite brands to purchase there! They always have the cutest items at really affordable prices. Even if you don’t typically buy Topshop, I would peruse Nordstrom’s selection because it’s just too good! (I’ve listed some of my other favorite Topshop pieces below!) Nordstrom has so many cute trend pieces from other brands too. (But I mean, you know me, nothing too trendy like $900 furry bunny rabbit stilettos or anything weird.)
Shop similar dresses:
Here I went with a monochromatic look with pink sandals by Steve Madden–you’ve seen me wear these so many times for good reason, they really are one of the most versatile pairs of shoes! Dress them up, dress them down, wear them with anything. I absolutely love them. (They come in ton’s of colors, too! If you want something slightly less pink I also love this dusty rose color)
Shop these favorite sandals:
My leopard clutch is also making it’s second appearance on the blog today. $44 (a total twin of the expensive designer version!) and I think it adds a fun pop of pattern to anything you pair it with! (I’m pretty sure leopard matches everything, right?)
Andddd the bow! I forgot about bows. Why don’t I wear them more often? They’re so cute! Nordstrom sells an adorable one that comes with a ponytail holder so you don’t even have to worry about tying it perfectly!
Thanks to Nordstrom, one of my favorite retailers, for sponsoring this post!
Shop more of my favorite Topshop picks under $100 below!
I love this breezy floral off the shoulder midi dress! Perfect for anything from a festival to brunch to date night! $95
Similar to the sandals I’m wearing above, but with wrap-around ankle ties! So cute, and the low heel=comfort. (Because I am too old to be dealing with uncomfortable shoes.) $80
I am DYING over this bikini! I’ve been wanting one that was off the shoulder and the cute stripes and colors make this one irresistible! Top $30, Bottoms $25
I love that this is a simple comfy t-shirt with the cutest sleeves added on. You know my thoughts on eyelet 😉 $45
Swingy, lightweight tanks like this one are the best way to beat the summer heat! I love the gauzy fabric, the peplum ruffles and the low v in the back! The price is pretttty tough to beat, too! $40
If you liked the button details of my dress, you’ll love this romper! Plus, it has ruffles–even better 😉 $50
This little red number is just the right combination of sweet and spicy! Love the cut out details and the price, too! $75