Sorry for the lack of post yesterday. It was a bit of a rough personal day and with everything else going on I simply just ran out of time. But today I’m back with a post that is a bit more personal than usual–because, why not? I want to know everything about you guys, so why not share a few more facts about myself? Here are somethings you probably didn’t know about me.
1. I spent the first 8 years of my life in a teeny tiny country town in Oregon. I didn’t know anything other than Country music existed (and I mean COUNTRY music) until about 5th grade, when I moved to Arizona. (With the exception of the Spice Girls, of course.) I could still sing you any Willie Nelson song you’d like off the top of my head.
2. My first CD was Jewel, Pieces of You. I also asked for a Sublime CD for my 14th birthday, which of course, I received. And then my mom asked me to play it in the car. (You can imagine how that went.) One of the more scarring moments of my childhood.
3. I gained 20 pounds my first year of college. (You could say I ate the Freshman 15 for lunch.) I also had heinous style and used to wear GIANT gold belts because I thought they made me look like I hadn’t gained said 20 pounds.
4. I was the only weirdo who decided to go to college in Indiana from my graduating class in Scottsdale, AZ. I only knew one person going to a 30,000 person university, but it was the best decision of my life, and I’ve never looked back. (Midwest girl for life!) I also remember the first night I went out I texted my mom at 12:30 and said IT’S PAST CURFEW AND I DON’T HAVE TO COME HOME!!! (Lord help me when I have a daughter.)
5. I don’t really like sweets, but I’ll take french fries over just about any other food you could ever put in front of me. With a side of ranch. There has to be ranch or I get very irritable.
6. I am a serial hunger buyer in grocery stores. (Unfortunately for me, I’m ALWAYS hungry). Neal hates grocery shopping with me because I can’t help but pull at least $30 of random crap off the shelves.
7. Speaking of Neal, we met at our first job out of college, where we worked for a staffing company. There was absolutely ZERO reason either of us should have been at such a god forsaken job, but we ended up on the same team. We used to spend 12 hours a day sitting across from each other recruiting people for jobs like “Comcast Call Center Representative” and “Manual Labor Worker in Hospital’s Dirty Linens Department.” We got paid a commission whenever someone started a new, terrible job. It was essentially legal human trafficking. #StartedFromTheBottom.
8. I love to travel–and it’s my goal to visit every continent (other than Antarctica. Sorry, Antarctica.) I studied abroad in Florence, Italy, and got pretty good at Italian (especially after a few beverages.) I’ve been to London, Paris (twice), Brugge, Brussels, Amsterdam (twice), Prague, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Marbella, pretty much everywhere in Italy, and most recently (as you know) Dublin, Killarney, and Galway. And Mexico–does Mexico count? So if you need any travel recommendations to any of those places, you know who to ask 😉
9. I prefer coffee over tea, but recently have really gotten into tea. David’s is my absolute favorite. (Can’t get enough coconut oolong!)
10. I almost deleted this blog altogether about a year and a half ago. (Way before you ever read it!) I hid the fact that I even had a blog from Neal for months, but when I finally revealed it to him, he wouldn’t let me quit. I didn’t feel remotely good enough, and thought it would be an embarrassment. (I could just hear people saying, “Seriously? Who does she think she is, Cupcakes and Cashmere?!”) I’ve never felt more stupid in my life than publishing my first few outfit posts on Instagram. But he pushed me to keep going, and I’m so glad I did! Remember, you gotta start somewhere!
Now, tell me something I don’t know about you! I love getting to know my readers, so if you would comment below and share something about yourself, it would seriously make my day!
Anything else you want to know? Other questions that you have? Ask them below, and I’ll answer!