Source: kraftrecipes.com on Pinterest
this year was the first year I’ve ever had a grown up Easter- the first year I haven’t spent with my family (or my roommate, Kate’s family for that matter)
clearly this is a milestone. And it was clearly worth of Bacon (yes- capital B)
I decided to kick it up a notch with the deviled eggs. Shockingly, this recipe is from KRAFT’s website no less (stumbled upon a la Pinterest-where else?). However, I made a few changes and added Avocado (yes, capitalized. Are you sensing a pattern here?)
What you need:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (the recipe called for 8, but I thought that was weird- so I used a dozen)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp. Ranch dressing (this also gets capitalized, as it is another one of the main food groups)
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
What to do with it:
- Scoop out all egg yolks into a bowl. Combine with mayo, ranch, tomatoes, cooked bacon. Mash with a fork until well mixed.
- Add the avocado at the last minute, so it doesn’t brown.
- Scoop or pipe back into the egg yolks, sprinkling the lettuce on top
- Finish with a dash of paprika!
- Voila! You have BLT Deviled Eggs!