I saw these bright orange lilies in the grocery store this week and thought they would make the perfect centerpiece for a fall arrangement. It’s amazing how much some fresh flowers can lighten your mood when you walk in the door from a long day at work, or make a party come to life. With some pretty seasonal decor, entertaining is a snap. Here are some of my favorite tips for a great flower arrangement:
Tips & tricks:
- Start with fresh, seasonal flowers in shades of orange (roses, lilies, sunflowers, calla lilies). bouquets from the farmer’s market are always my favorite, but Trader Joes also has a surprisingly great selection!
- Keep some ribbon or raffia on hand to tie around your vase, I think it adds a little something extra
- Shop around for pretty vases (not the ones your flowers come in for Valentines Day!) I always have good luck finding vases at vintage or thrift stores, and on Etsy
- Pick up some mini-pumpkins to scatter around the base of your flowers
- If you’re feeling crafty, the gold painted leaves from this post are perfect for adding a little sparkle
- Arrange with some artwork or photo with a pretty gold frame to bring everything together
What are some of your favorite floral tips?