The other day, I was reading my friend Lauren’s “best of 2014” post, and was so inspired by her awesome selection, that I wanted to make my own! I have to say, it was pretty weird digging so far back in the archives. How fast things change in a year! (Including our photography skills. Woof!)
Regardless, I hope you enjoy the best of GG in 2014!
December 31st (I know this is technically NOT last year, but it has been by far my most successful post to date, so I wanted to include it!)
- 10 ways to be a better version of yourself in 2014 // (Also applies to 2015!)
- How the west was fun // I rarely get to do shoots with Neal (there’s nobody there to take the photos!) so I loved this one. Even if these photos are way over-edited! My goal is to have more of him on the blog in 2015.
- DIY apple cinnamon infused whiskey // One of my most popular posts, this was so easy and so much fun to make! Great for a cold or rainy afternoon!
- 10 ways to master your monstrous to-do list // This one is for you non-stop multi-taskers (myself included).
- Winter florals part two // This definitely inspires me to mix up my wardrobe more and try to get more wear out of my spring/summer pieces! (But oy vey the photo editing!)
- Apple cinnamon old fashioned // My favorite cocktail recipe to date!
- Breakfast with leftovers: mashed potato pancakes! // These were THE BEST.
- 7 simple tips for better Mondays // Another one of my most popular posts. This one was really fun to write, and the tips really do make a huge difference!
- Sub Zero Spring // I just remembered this dress is at the bottom of my laundry hamper waiting to be dry cleaned. I think it’s time to do that and style it for yet another winter! I loved it layered over long sleeves (this time it will definitely be a turtleneck) and boyfriend jeans.
- Portland city guide: from our short & sweet stay in the rose city
- Chinatown with American Eagle: Chinatown is one of my favorite places in Chicago, so it was so much fun to shoot here! Afterwords Neal & I got Dim Sum and he purchased a pair of nun chucks and a ninja sword. Talk about your average Saturday afternoon. (?)
- DIY Easter place settings: Do you know how to fold a napkin like a bird’s nest? You do now!
- Washington wine country part one: One of my very favorite trips we’ve taken together. Plus, I can’t WAIT to wear this blazer again once it gets warm!
- Your entertaining weapon: the best ever crostini: Crostini is actually, I think, my favorite food in the world. I could eat 100 in one sitting.
- GG’s big reveal: her new logo! Designed by my ridiculously talented friend, Emily.
- Real Blogger Beauty: As part of an amazing initiative started by my friend Maya, I shared my challenges with blogging, not feeling like I was good enough, and how I could have won worst dressed in my sorority in college. (Really, it was terrifying.)
- A summer date with Neiman Marcus: one beautiful maxi dress and my top 11 rooftop date night spots in Chicago (that you can put in your pocket until…6 months from now.)
- A twilight picnic: One of my favorite shoots to date. We shot this in the grass next to the harbor. Neal and I had so much fun!
- The best uncommon newlywed gift guide: Because there are way cooler things you can give your friends than a blender.
- 15 ways to feel more inspired today: A great reminder of things I need to be doing more often!
- The Everygirl Conference: one of my favorite events of the summer!
- Twin Lakes Wisconsin: When Neal & I took a weekend escape to a sleep town up north (and had SO much fun!)
- Garden Party: The prettiest outdoor party you’ve ever laid eyes on.
- Flirting with Fall: A favorite outfit shoot with TJ Maxx
- Confidence: My very favorite dress, on my very favorite rooftop (Neal’s place). We then proceeded to jump into the pool, so this was a great shoot! I also partnered with Tampax for the Demi Lovato Tour for this post, and got to take my girl Maeve to her concert, so that was amazing. (Thanks, Tampax!)
- Blue: My first shoot with Cassandra, so obviously it goes in the record books!
- Happy Birthday GG! The 1 year anniversary of the month I finally got brave enough to do my first outfit post and announce GG to the world!
- Golden Jams:The ultimate Monday playlist (side note: do you guys like these? Should I keep doing them?)
- Layers & stripes: Same striped dress you saw last month, re-styled for cooler weather!
- Leopard Lovely: a fun collaboration with Vintage Charm, featuring the BEST. COAT. EVER.
- GG x Busywrist: I partnered with my friend and local jewelry designer, Busywrist, to create the GG bracelet stack! (November was a REALLY awesome month, guys!)
- All black holiday: Surprisingly very chic and totally not as morbid as it sounds.
- Casual Sequins: Sequins aren’t just for new years anymore!
And that’s a wrap! Thank you so much to those of you who have been here with me since the beginning. I can’t wait for more to come in 2015! I hope you’ll stick around 🙂