Happy Wednesday! We’re halfway through the week!
Because the midway point of the week often gets a little stale, I figured, why not shake things up?
The past month or so been so busy (but so fun!) but you only get a glimpse of it on Instagram, right? I thought It would be fun to recap what’s going on behind the scenes every so often, according to my iPhone photos (including those that are FAR too terrible to make it to Instagram, but fun to look back on regardless!) Here’s the story behind the photos:
(From top left)
1. Dinner with The Everygirl and Kendall Jackson at The Public Hotel: this night was a dream. It was a chilly night out on the balcony, but we were surrounded by girlfriends, great conversation, amazing food, and best of all–REALLY great wine. I had always dismissed Kendall Jackson as “mom wine” (AKA popular mainstream Chardonnay) but I was blown out of the water at this dinner, I’m totally a convert now! Their other varieties were stellar, and they even released a new Chardonnay that I actually liked!
2. Saturday Breakfast: Neal and I have a tradition of making breakfast together every weekend. It’s totally our thing and one of my favorite parts of the entire week. Sometimes it’s just simple eggs and bacon, sometimes it’s eggs benedict, or one of our recent favorites, “egg boats” as Neal calls them. They’re puff pastry filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and your favorite toppings. I snapped this photo but due to the ultimate frat setting (plates I’m pretty sure are from the 70’s, knives that are from Marshall Fields when Marshall Fields were a thing, dirty coffee table, you get the picture.)
3. Neal & I having wayyyy too much fun at our new favorite bar: The Ogden. My friends Ally, Courtney, Courtney and I have gotten into this tradition of sending each other ridiculous selfies, and this was one of them, that I didn’t remember was taken until this morning when I was going through all of my photos. To give you an idea, we later ended up at a karaoke taco stand (just Neal and I, this has happened a lot lately) at 4am.
4. Loving my white cutoffs with my oversized white oxford lately (this was taken at Cassandra‘s)
6. A post-girl’s dinner cab selfie with two of my besties, Gianna and Hadley. Honestly whoever is on the far left is also one of my best friends but I couldn’t even tell you who it is due to the quality of the photo. Ha! (Coley, is that you?)
7. Kelly and I being stalkers in interior designer, Donna Hall’s Gold Coast home when she had some of us over for brunch!
8. Just at lunch with a girl and her fox.
7. One of my favorite little people, Neal’s little cousin, Maeve at Oyster & Rib fest up at the lake. Girlfriend ordered herself a whole lobster, because she’s a boss like that.
8. Neal and I at the Chicago Elite yacht christening party, which was so much fun, yet hands-down the worst hair day I’ve ever had.
9. A standard snap of mine: rose and everyone’s shoes at the Nomi Market Rooftop party.
10: MY BEST FRIEND IS ENGAGED!!! A photo I snapped of one of my very best friends from college, Courtney, as she walked into her surprise party of about 80 closest friends, just hours after her fiancé, Zach, popped the question. It was the best night.
11. My heart melting: Neal meeting my baby niece, Harper, for the first time. (No she’s not my biological niece, but she’s my best childhoodfriend/basically sister, Tasha’s little girl. She’s the one from Cincinnati you’ve seen me post about on Instagram.)
12: My roommate, Melissa’s birthday dinner at Parlor Pizza–which never disappoints!
13: Remember photo #3? This was the morning after. I’m getting old, can’t party anymore. Stayed in bed until noon for the first time in about 5 years. Yes, I am wearing a nightgown that I purchased after too many beverages in the Las Vegas airport.
14. A snap from Neal’s rooftop: my favorite place to be in the summer, 56 stories up. (It’s one of the highest pools in the city.)
So, now we’re all caught up! Do you like this post? Should I make them a recurring thing? Let me know below!