Photo via Upperlyne.com
Where the hell did summer go? How is it already labor day? I’m honestly not really sure what’s going on. Did sneaky Labor Day pounce on you unsuspectingly, as it has me this year?
Our plans luckily involve another Lake House trip! This time it’s extra special, helping Neal’s parents move into their new lake house. Can’t wait to head up there tomorrow morning! For those of you staying in the city, here’s some ideas on how to spend the long weekend.
- Shop (obviously): Eskell’s in Wicker Park (one of my favorite boutiques) is have an amazing sale. Also, now is the perfect time to scope out the new TJMaxx that opened this week on Canal street. I went on Monday and I’ve never felt more like a kid in a candy store. If you’re more of an online shopping kinda gal, don’t miss J.Crew, Asos, Nastygal and Sephora, all saying sayonara to summer (ugh) with some fabulous discounts (wee!)
- Rent a paddle board! I’ve only been once (as you know) but I’m officially hooked. Get ’em for cheap with this Groupon.
- Download a new book to your Kindle or iPad. I loved China Dolls by Lisa See, I just finished it a couple days ago, and read it in less than a week!
- Hit up Randolph Street Market to get your antique on. I’m legitimately sad I’m missing this. Will someone seriously send me pictures?
- Go to Brunch. Cafe Creme is one of my new favorite spots, LM Bistro’s newest venture in Wicker Park. Their crepes are to die for.
- Grab a cocktail on a rooftop (you won’t be able to much longer!) check out my full list of favorite alfresco dining spots in the city.
- Catch a movie in the park! The new and improved Goddess & Grocer is a perfect spot to stop beforehand to pick up a bottle of wine and the perfect picnic!
- Stop by the Chicago Jazz Festival. Live music, city skyline, and best of all, it’s free!