For a cocktail that looks as pretty as it tastes, look no further than this Strawberry Rosemary Gin Fizz. The perfect patio-side beverage, I couldn’t help but share this amazingly refreshing cocktail that Neal and I mixed up last week. It looks ridiculously fancy, with none of the hassle.
For those of you gin haters (I know you’re out there) I want to point out that I kind of loathe gin unless it’s Hendricks. So, before you go googling what other liquors you can substitute here, I really think you should try the Hendricks. Contrary to other types of gin, it tastes nothing like your Christmas tree, and actually, has a very refreshing cucumber element to it. If you REALLY don’t believe me, you can always sub for Vodka.
Here’s how to make it:
- Dice a handful of strawberries and throw them in a martini shaker
- Pour 1.5 shots of gin in with the strawberries (you need extra because they’ll soak up a lot of it) and a sprig of rosemary
- Muddle strawberries, rosemary, and gin thoroughly
- Strain into a cocktail glass, adding a spoonful of the strawberry pulp to your liking
- Top with lots of crushed ice, and stir
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, and a slice of strawberry on top
To ensure your drink is patio, picnic, or beach friendly, go for some adorable monogrammed govinos like these from White Elephant Designs (c/o). They have just about every design and color under the sun. (Including gold! EEP!) I’ve used them just about every week this summer! Another great bonus is they’re super affordable — only $25 for a set of four!
Tell me, what’s your perfect patio drink?