Winter blues got your beauty routine in a bind? These extreme temperatures call for extreme measures, especially when it comes to the products in your medicine cabinet. Say goodbye to dry skin, parched lips and brittle hair- with these products, you’ll look like a regular spring chicken!
- Josie Maran Argon Oil has literally changed my life. Since using it, my skin is never dry, more even toned, and literally glowing. It also helps to control breakouts. You have got to get your hands on this magic stuff. I know it seems counterintuitive to put oil on your face, but I promise it will be the best decision you’ve ever made.
- Eucerin Healing Lotion: This is also essential to combat dry skin. I use it on my face, hands, elbows- you name it. It’s also essential for dry and chapped lips!
- Clarisonic: These little electronic exfoliating brushes have rocked the beauty market. With benefits ranging from acne scar removal to smoother, younger looking skin- this had to be at the top of my list.
- Ponds Cold Cream: This century old staple will always be my go-to facial cleanser. The gentle formula is ultra moisturizing and removes makeup instantly. I struggled with breakouts for months on end and this was the only thing that helped to clear up my face. Not to mention, you get amazing benefits for only a few bucks!
- Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream: Everything you could want from one moisturizer. Hydrating, but not oily. Apply once and the affects last all day!
- Kiehls Lip Balm: I first tried Kiehls Lip Balm when I was in middle school and I was hooked. Although I don’t use it as much as the Rosebud Salve, it still gets a Gold Star rating in my book.
- Lip Exfoliant: There’s nothing worse than your lipstick flaking off in the winter (ew!) Using a lip exfoliant will prevent any of those mishaps. Try Sugar Lip Polish from Sephora!
- Rosebud Salve: I know you’ve seen these little tins sitting on the counter at American Apparel and Urban Outfitters. I decided to buy one on impulse years ago and have never looked back when it comes to a lip balm. This stuff is a life saver, and you can use it on anything- not just your lips! It works great on cuticles and elbows, too!
- Lightweight Hair Spray like Aveda Air Control is an essential item to fight frizz and calm unruly tresses in the winter.
- Bumble & Bumble Shine is a perfect finishing spray that makes your hair soft, silky and shiny. Even if your hair feels like straw by February, it won’t look like it for long with a few spritzes of this stuff!
- Dry Shampoo is the ultimate winter necessity. Due to the snow, wind and rain, I wash my hair more often in the winter, which ultimately leads to drying and breaking of my hair. By using dry shampoo to extend the time in between washes, it will save your hair a lot of heartache.
- Joico K-Pak Hydrator: This 5 minute treatment goes a long way to restore moisture to dry, damaged hair.
Shop Winter Beauty